Mr. Koch’s experience includes the following areas of work:
- Formation, structuring and implementation of all kinds of private funds and related fund vehicles with a focus on the Private Equity-sector.
- Negotiating and drafting of fund documents, including fund prospectuses, limited partnership agreements, subscription agreements, shareholders’ agreements and side letters.
- Advice on and conducting of fund closings
- Ongoing advice in relation to fund investments and conducting due diligence analyses
- Advising on secondary transactions
- Advice relating to registrations with German commercial registers and the German Federal Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Ongoing (general) advice from a German corporate law perspective
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Koch worked for two years in the Clifford Chance Munich office, also in the private funds area.
Prior to Clifford Chance, Mr. Koch worked for one year and eight months for Flick Gocke Schaumburg PartG mbB, Munich, in the private funds team.
In 2015 and 2016, he worked as an academic assistant in two institutes of Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen, Lower Saxony, being the Institute for Labor Law and the Institute for Business Law.
During his legal traineeship (Referendariat), Mr. Koch worked as a Knowledge Management Assistant for the Corporate Law department at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and he also assisted in connection with the revision of a commentary to the German Constitution (Grundgesetz).