Mr. LaFond’s transactional experience includes representing:
- TA Associates and Reverence Capital Partners in their acquisition of the investment management business of Russell Investments
- Estancia Capital Partners in investment and acquisition transactions
- Knights of Columbus in minority investments in asset managers
- TA Associates Realty in its sale to Mitsubishi Estate Company
- SouthernSun Asset Management in its sale to Affiliated Managers Group
- TA Associates in its investment in, and subsequent sale of, Arnhold and S. Bleichroeder Holdings, Inc.
- TA Associates in its sale of K2 Advisors to Franklin Resources
- McMorgan & Company in its management buyout from New York Life and follow-on acquisitions
- USAA in its acquisition of Square Mile Capital Management
Mr. LaFond represents several prominent investment advisers in investment, co-investment and joint venture transactions. He advises securities lending agents on a variety of regulatory and fiduciary matters. He represents clients before the staffs of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Office of Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve Board, and other regulators.
Mr. LaFond is a member of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. He has been a panel speaker on matters relating to M&A, asset management and securities lending.