Ryan LaForce, an attorney in Goodwin’s Business Law Department, is a member of the Private Equity group. Her practice focuses primarily on representing private equity and venture capital clients and their portfolio companies. Ms. LaForce was a practicing attorney at Goodwin from 2007-2011 and rejoined the firm in 2014 after serving as Assistant General Counsel of Bain Capital, LLC, an alternative asset firm with over $70B AUM, for two and half years.
Ms. LaForce has advised clients on a range of domestic and cross-border corporate and financing matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and divestitures, private company investments, venture capital transactions, direct secondary and private company liquidity programs, commercial loans, subordinated financing, reorganizations, restructurings, joint ventures and general corporate and securities law matters. As in-house counsel at Bain Capital, Ms. LaForce focused primarily on general corporate matters impacting the asset manager, including, employment, regulatory, corporate governance and commercial contract matters. In addition, Ms. LaForce provided direct support to Bain Capital Ventures and assisted on various matters impacting the BCV fund and its portfolio.
Ms. LaForce’s practice is focused on the representation of emerging and late-stage companies across a variety of industries, including life sciences, consumer brands, financial services technology, healthcare technology and the food and beverage industry. She serves as principal outside or general counsel to various companies – providing day-to-day corporate counseling and strategic advice. In addition, she regularly handles a variety of major business transactions, including tender offers, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings and strategic collaborations and commercial transactions. Ms. LaForce also regularly represents leading venture capital firms in connection with their portfolio company investments, M&A and secondary stock sale transactions.
Her recent client representations include work with:
- Docent Health in its $17 million Series A financing
- Kensho Technologies in its $50 million Series B financing, commercial transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- Lon (Bread) in its Series B financing
- P2 Science in its $10 million Series B financing
- PillPack in connection with equity financings, commercial debt transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- Momofuku in connection with equity financings, joint venture and strategic transactions and ongoing corporate matters
- Eloquii Design in connection with equity financings and ongoing corporate matters
- TPG Biotech in connection with its venture investment in Genoa Pharmaceuticals
- Velos Partners in connection with its venture investment in Hit-the-Mark (Hopscotch)
- Versant Ventures in connection with various venture investments
- Forbion Capital in connection with its venture investment in Laboratoris Sanifit S.L.
- Coridea LLC in connection with its venture investment in Eolo Medical
University of North Carolina School of Law