Ms. Lee has represented institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, Fortune 100 companies, asset management companies and other international property investors in a variety of transactions, often with a cross-border component, involving all asset classes, including commercial office buildings, logistics facilities, hotels, retail properties, and residential buildings. Her representative experiences include advising on:
- Recapitalization of a joint venture for the acquisition of a $1.28 billion portfolio of 85 multifamily residential properties located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Joint venture for the acquisition, development and operation of high-end outdoor lodging properties throughout the United States.
- Acquisition of 250 future cell towers to be constructed throughout Wisconsin.
- Sale of a portion of a four-acre mixed-use development project in downtown San Francisco.
- Joint venture for the development of five Class A industrial facilities totaling approximately 963,000 square feet.
- Joint venture for the multi-phased renovation and reposition of a Class A office building located in Portland, Oregon.
- Origination of a construction loan to finance the construction of a hotel in downtown Los Angeles, CA.*
- Joint venture to develop multiple office and residential buildings in San Francisco, CA.*
- Joint venture to acquire trophy buildings in New York City, Munich and Paris.*
- Joint venture to acquire a portfolio of 15 residential buildings located across eight U.S. states.*
- Joint venture to acquire a portfolio of student housing buildings located across multiple U.S. states.*
- Acquisition of trophy assets in key cities in the U.S. as well as in London, Sydney, Munich and Paris.*
- Acquisition of a mezzanine loan indirectly secured by Class A office buildings located in the U.S.*
- Acquisition of a Fortune 100 company’s headquarters in Seattle, Washington.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Lee is a member of the Real Property Law Section of both the Bar Association of San Francisco and the American Bar Association. She is also a member of the Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Lee was a Senior Foreign Legal Consultant at Kim & Chang, a leading law firm in South Korea. She was also with Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton in New York prior to that time.