Ms. Leese has experience representing clients in a range of industries in varied strategic transactions. Sample representations include the following:
- Publicly-listed medical device company in its acquisition of surgical device manufacturer through a one-step merger ($150+ million)*
- Large university endowment in a series of venture investments in medical device companies*
- Private investment funds and their respective sponsors in the sale of publicly-listed media company to a privately held media company ($1.7+ billion)*
- U.A.E.-based global consumer products brand in its capital raise and related sale of a minority interest of its securities to a private investment fund (enterprise valuation of $1.3+ billion)*
- Private investment fund and its sponsor in the acquisition of an aerospace component manufacturer ($360+ million)*
- Railcar manufacturer in its joint venture with another strategic investor (deal valuation of $15+ million)*
- Private investment fund sponsor in its initial platform acquisition of a U.S.-based private technology company ($15 million), and subsequent international add-on acquisition*
- Merchandise distributor in its purchase of assets from a competitor distributor undergoing a Bankruptcy Code, Chapter 11, Section 363 reorganization (target asset valuation of $6+ million)*
- Private investment fund and its sponsor in an investment in a software company offering health plan analysis technologies ($11+ million)*
- Private investment fund and its sponsor in an acquisition of a chemical engineering manufacturer and services company ($250+ million)*
- Private investment fund and its sponsor in the sale of a portfolio company in the medical device space to a publicly-listed buyer ($2.7 billion)*
- Numerous private investment funds sponsors and their management companies in capital raises ranging in size from under $200 million to over $3.5 billion.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Leese also has a range of pro bono experience, focused primarily around immigration matters and the governance of not-for-profit institutions.
Ms. Leese is a member of the American Bar Association.
During law school, Ms. Leese served as an extern to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. She also interned at the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana. Before law school, Ms. Leese worked for U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen as a Special Assistant for Policy and Projects, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, with a focus on issues pertaining to the small business community. Prior to that, Ms. Leese worked as a supply chain analyst with an international not-for-profit in Monrovia, Liberia, and for a consulting firm in Washington, D.C.