Mr. Levy has advised and represented numerous companies regarding intellectual property disputes, litigation and counseling, including: Campbell Soup Company, Pepperidge Farms, Inc., Godiva, Inc., PepsiCo, Inc., The New York Times Company, The Boston Globe, boston.com, J.P. Morgan Chase, Honest Tea, Inc., New Balance Athletic Shoes, IBM and Teva Pharmaceuticals, Inc. His recent work has included:
- Representing B&B Hardware in a 7-2 trademark victory before the U.S. Supreme Court in B&B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Industries, Inc.
- Representing Varsity Brands, Inc. in a 7-2 copyright victory before the U.S. Supreme Court in Star Athletica, LLC v. Varsity Brands, Inc.
- Representing AgaMatrix, LLC. In securing summary determination of non-infringement in a matter before the International Trade Commission concerning blood glucose monitors.
- Representing Osram and securing summary determination of patent invalidity and non-infringement in a matter before the international trade commission in a matter concerning light emitting diodes. In re Certain Light-Emitting Diodes and Products Containing the Same, ITC Investigation 337-TA-802.
- Representing The New York Times and The Boston Globe in first impression copyright and trademark litigation regarding fair use and news aggregation on the World Wide Web.
- First-chaired back to back trials for Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (and secured back-to back non-infringement verdicts) in a matter concerning the drug Suboxone
- Representing Teva Pharmaceuticals in patent litigation concerning multiple pharmaceuticals.
- Representing a major financial services company in defeating an application for a temporary restraining order seeking to shut down the roll-out of a national advertising campaign.
- Representing Honest Tea, Inc. in connection with trademark and advertising issues.
- Representing Campbell Soup Company in multiple trademark and advertising lawsuits.
- Representing Pepperidge Farms, Inc. in multiple trademark and advertising lawsuits.
- Representing the Chabad Lubavitch in copyright infringement litigation concerning religious texts – matter won on summary judgment.
- Representing a major computer software company in trademark, domain name and false advertising litigation.
- Representing New Balance in trademark litigation.
- Representing IBM in trademark litigation.
- Representing JPMorgan Chase in the management of its trademark portfolio, and related trademark and advertising litigation.
- Representing L’Oreal and Polo Ralph Lauren in defeating an application for a preliminary injunction brought by Calvin Klein seeking to enjoin the launch of Ralph Lauren Romance perfume.
Advising various designers and celebrities in connection with personal and branding rights.
Mr. Levy presently serves as the lead director for Stomp Out Bullying, the leading national anti-bullying and anti-cyber-bullying organization, and on the advisory board of BUILD, a non-profit focused on bringing entrepreneurialism skills to at-risk high school students. He is past director of Love Our Children, USA, a not-for-profit focused on breaking the cycle of violence against children. Mr. Levy has been an active member of the New York Intellectual Property Law Association, International Trademark Association, American Intellectual Property Law Association, Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group and the Legal Aid Society. He has also acted as pro bono counsel to the United Way of New York City and cyberangels.org., and is a past member of the Board of Directors of the New York Intellectual Property Law Association.