Ms. Liao’s private investment funds experience includes:
- Acting for UBS Switzerland AG’s Wealth Management platform in relation to its feeder funds and funds of funds.
- Working as the project manager, and acting as “in-house” lead counsel* (and external legal counsel post-secondment) on the establishment of a hybrid fund, UBS Oncology Impact Fund, one of the largest social impact life science investment funds.*
- Acting for Investec Asset Management on raising private equity funds and funds of different asset classes in sub Saharan Africa.*
- Acting for Brockton Capital on its third real estate €1 billion fund, an opportunity fund to invest predominantly in UK real estate.*
- Acting as one of the lead associates for Triton on raising its €3.3 billion fourth buyout fund.*
- Acting for Triton on the fundraising for its €500 million debt fund.*
- Acting for Lloyds Banking Group on its secondaries transactions, including the sale of its portfolios consisting of interests in over 65 private equity funds to a fund managed and operated by a subsidiary of the group and financed by a leading global secondary investor.*
- Acting for Stratus Capital Partners on raising its first emerging market buyout fund.*
- Acting for a Jersey-based fund manager on its special situations fund investing in private deeply undervalued and underperforming listed European companies and its bespoke co-investment platform with a U.S. family office.*
- Acting for a Middle East-based fund manager on its carried interest allocations and arrangements.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Liao was a managing associate in the International Funds Group of King & Wood Mallesons (formerly SJ Berwin). She was also on a six-month secondment to UBS’ Global Asset Management team in their London office in 2015.