Mr. Lim’s representations have included work for:
- Thoma Bravo LLC
- Preparing bids and negotiating loan documents for the acquisition of Tibco, Inc., Compuware, Inc., ReadSoft, Travelclick, Inc., Digital Insight, Inc., Deltek, Inc., Keynote Systems, Inc., Empirix, Inc., Blue Coat Systems, Inc. and other private and publicly listed companies (including “certain funds” bids for the acquisition of European companies) ranging in acquisition value of $250 million to $4.5 billion*
- Negotiating dividend recapitalizations, add-on acquisitions and all other amendments relating to the credit facilities of Blue Coat Systems, Inc., Deltek, Inc. and other portfolio companies*
- TPG Growth LLC
- Representing sponsor in its acquisition of PJ United, Inc. (one of the largest Papa John’s restaurant franchisees) and e.l.f. Cosmetics (a retail cosmetics company)*
- Preparing bid for add-on acquisition for e.l.f. Cosmetics and negotiating amendments of credit facilities for other portfolio companies of TPG Growth LLC*
- Swander Pace Capital
- Negotiating loan documents in connection with the acquisition of Aden & Anais, Inc., glo Professionals, Frozen Specialties, Inc., Gilchrist & Soames, Inc.*
- Negotiating amendments and workout arrangements for various portfolio companies in the retail, manufacturing and food services industries*
- Golden Gate Capital
- Negotiating documents for the acquisition of Eddie Bauer, Payless Shoes, Springs Industries and other companies in various manufacturing, retail and food service industries involving companies in North America and Europe, including direct loans made to European borrowers*
- Representing sponsor in various deals involving various co-investments and divestiture of portfolio companies*
- Fortress Credit Corporation
- Negotiating documents in last-out first lien tranche credit facility for telecommunications company*
- Arranging for investments in the form of first lien loans, subordinated loans and other financing arrangements for private companies and high net worth individuals*
- Documenting investments in specialty situations, such as investment in intellectual property litigation claims, solar energy investments, electronic gaming machines and Croatian shopping centers*
- FTV Capital
- Negotiating loan documents in connection with the acquisition of Empyrean Benefit Solutions, Inc. (staffing company), Financial Transaction Services, LLC (payment processing) and Medsynergies, Inc. (medical staffing)*
- Documenting refinancings and other amendments (including documentation of equity infusion) for various portfolio companies*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin Procter.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2015, Mr. Lim was a partner in the San Francisco office of Kirkland & Ellis, working in the debt finance group. Previously, he was associated with Dickinson Wright PLLC in Detroit, where he focused on commercial lending, M&A and general corporate matters. Prior to beginning his law practice, Mr. Lim served as a summer clerk for Judge Alan Enslen for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
Mr. Lim is a member of the California State Bar Association and the Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area.
Mr. Lim speaks fluent Hokkein.