Nawa Lodin is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Technology and Life Sciences groups.
Ms. Lodin represents clients in a full range of corporate transactions and compliance matters. She focuses her practice on healthcare law and provides advice on a wide variety of state and federal laws and regulations including:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse laws
- Stark Law
- Anti-kickback statute
- Medicare and Medicaid program requirements
- The Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act)
Ms. Lodin handles a range of health care matters including advising start-ups, drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements, managed care contracting, scope of licensure and governance issues, medical staff issues, telemedicine matters, providing health care compliance plans and training, and handling corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and affiliations. Ms. Lodin also has experience with preparing Emergency Use Authorizations to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) during public health emergencies, including during the COVID-19 outbreak.