Mr. MacLeod’s representative experience includes:
- Representing the lead investor LSP Health Economics Fund 2 (advised by Life Science Partners) on the $28 million series C equity financing round of Lumeon Limited.
- Advising Exscientia Limited (an AI-driven drug discovery company) on its $26 million series B equity financing round. The Investors were Celgene Corporation, GT Healthcare Capital Partners and Evotec AG.
- Representing the lead investor (EchoVC Pan-Africa Fund I, Limited) on the $2.5 million seed equity financing round of Kukua Education Ltd.
- Representing the lead investors BioDiscovery 5 PFCI (advised by Andera Partners) and Canaan XI L.P. (advised by Canaan Partners XI LLC) on the £10 million series A equity financing round of Grey Wolf Therapeutics Limited.*
- Representing the new investors (BioDiscovery 5 PFCI (advised by Andera Partners) and LSP 6 Cooperatief UA (Life Science Partners) on the £65 million Series B equity financing round of Artios Pharma Limited.
- Representing the new investors (Versant Ventures, Novartis Venture Fund and Forbion) on the £29 million Series B equity financing round of Enterprise Therapeutics Ltd.*
- Representing the new investors (led by Andera Partners) on the £51 million Series B equity financing round of Crescendo Biologics Limited.*
- Advising Gadeta B.V. on its strategic collaboration with Kite (a Gilead company) to develop novel gamma delta TCR therapies for the treatment of various cancers, by way of an option to acquire structure.
- Prexton Therapeutics B.V. and its selling shareholders, including M Ventures, in its sale to global pharmaceutical company H. Lundbeck A/S for up to €905 million.*
- CIT Group Inc. on the sale of its Paris-based European rail leasing subsidiary group Nacco to German-based VTG Aktiengesellschaft for US$1.05 billion.*
- The shareholders on the sale of Stat-Dx, a privately owned Spanish diagnostics company, to QIAGEN N.V., for $191 million (including milestones).*
- Bicycle Therapeutics Limited on its £40 million Series B equity financing round, led by Vertex Global Fund I alongside Cambridge Innovation Capital and Longwood Fund, with existing investors including Novartis Venture Fund, SR One, and SVLS also participating in the round.*
- Ares on the provision of their financing package in support of Midlothian Capital Partners to acquire Park Leisure.*
- The selling shareholders in Ziarco Group Limited in connection with the sale of the company to Novartis.*
- Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Profi Rom Food S.R.L from Enterprise Investors.*
- XO1 on the development of Ichorcumab, a novel anticoagulant to treat Thrombosis.*
- Hunt Companies Inc., a leading U.S. real estate company active in public-private partnership initiatives, on the acquisition of a 50% economic interest in the Amber Infrastructure Group.*
- Highland Capital Partners, Index Ventures, HarbourVest Partners and Insight Venture Partners, as the principal investors in Photobox Group, on its announced £400 million acquisition (subject to conditions) by Exponent Private Equity and Electra Partners.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.