Representative matters include:
- Senju Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., et al. v. Lupin, Ltd., et al. (D.N.J.). Representing Lupin in a patent infringement litigation concerning Lupin’s generic equivalent to Bausch & Lomb’s Prolensa®, an anti-inflammatory ophthalmic drug.
- In the Matter of Certain Omega-3 Extracts from Marine or Aquatic Biomass and Products Containing the Same (ITC). Represented Enzymotec in United States International Trade Commission Investigation concerning alleged infringement by Enzymotec’s krill oil supplements. The representation also involved an inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc., et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., et al. (S.D.N.Y.). Represented Teva in a series of patent infringement litigations concerning Teva’s generic equivalents to the anti-HIV drugs, Viread®, Truvada®, and Atripla®.
- In re Gabapentin Patent Litigation (D.N.J.). Represented Teva in a patent infringement litigation concerning Teva’s generic equivalent to Pfizer’s Neurontin®, an anti-eplileptic drug.
- AstraZeneca AB, et al. v. IVAX Corp., et al (D.N.J.). Represented Teva in a patent infringement litigation concerning Teva’s generic equivalent to AstraZeneca’s Nexium®, a drug for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Dr. Margolis was an associate in the New York office of Kenyon & Kenyon.