- Represented a bulge bracket investment bank in:*
- Three private spin-off transactions resulting, in each case, in an independent investment manager
- The sale of two wealth management businesses
- Investments in, and commercial agreements with, various fintech firms
- Minority investments in, and joint ventures and sub-advisory relationships with, several independent investment managers
- The restructuring of its minority investment in the manager of one of the 20 largest hedge funds in the world
- Establishing a private equity, venture capital and opportunistic real estate co-investment platform
- Launching an investment product aiming to invest in hedge fund GP interests
- Various secondary transactions including GP-led secondary transactions
- Launched private investment funds in multiple geographies and across multiple asset classes including growth equity, private equity, private credit, real estate, infrastructure, insurance-linked strategies and ESG focused strategies*
- Advised a growth equity investment team on over fifty investment and disposal transactions in the technology sector*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Mayne is a Chartered Financial Analyst and an active member of CFA Society New York.
Mr. Mayne is also actively involved in industry-wide diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Mayne was the Head of M&A/Illiquid Transactions (AM) at Credit Suisse, leading a General Counsel Division team and representing the bank in strategic transactions, the formation of illiquid funds and investment transactions by those funds.
Prior to joining Credit Suisse, Mr. Mayne spent seven years in Skadden Arps’ Financial Institutions Group.