Mr. Mello has experience in intellectual property litigation and has been involved in representing:
- High-profile individuals implicated in employee mobility trade secret disputes;
- Foreign mobile app and video game companies in enforcing their IP in the U.S.;
- Online services attempting to protect, enforce, and/or defend their IP and related contracts;
- Entities implicated in complex, cross-border litigations involving differing laws from multiple nations;
- A cybersecurity company in enforcing its patent rights and related torts against a non-practicing entity; and
- A canned, alcoholic beverage company in a commercial dispute against their interior designer.
Mr. Mello has also been actively involved in pro bono matters, representing:
- A prisoner in a case before the Supreme Court of the United States;
- Grassroots organizations and injured plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit against the Phoenix police department related to their dispersal of protesters using tear gas, pepper spray, and rubber bullets;
- Amici in drafting an amicus brief in an immigration proceeding before the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit;
- Trans folks regarding their legal name changes; and
- An aspiring nurse in expunging her decades-old crimes.