Ms. Mordecai’s clients include public and private healthcare, life sciences, and technology companies, their boards and officers, private equity and venture capital firms and their partners, and financial services providers. Her recent representations include:
- A global technology company in connection with civil False Claim Act qui tam litigation and criminal investigations by the U.S. Attorney's Office and the U.S. Department of Justice, National Security Division, relating to defense contracts and allegations of visa fraud, contract fraud, and ITAR violations.
- A U.S.-based global manufacturer of scientific instruments and medical devices in connection with investigations by the SEC, DOJ and Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption into alleged bribery and corruption violations at several of the company's China subsidiaries, including relating to the use of third-party intermediaries in connection with contracts with state-owned entities.
- Won dismissal with prejudice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts of securities class action under Section 10(b) and Rule 10b-5 against a public life sciences company and its officers arising out of clinical-trial results for lead product candidate.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest homebuilders in merger litigation brought by stockholders of a development company being acquired, successfully convincing the stockholders to drop their request for an injunction and voluntarily dismiss the case.
- Representation of Trulia and its board of directors, in class action lawsuits in Superior Court for San Francisco County, California, and the Delaware Court of Chancery challenging the $3.5 billion all-stock merger with Zillow Inc. Successfully consolidated the cases to expedite their resolution in advance of the closing and negotiated a favorable settlement, allowing the merger to close as scheduled. Submitted the requested supplemental briefing on behalf of the defendants in connection with what became a highly publicized settlement approval process.
- Represented a $4 billion venture capital firm in an appraisal action and won a favorable appraisal award, which is among the highest appraisal awards as a multiple of cash-out price issued by the Chancery Court in the last decade.
Ms. Mordecai is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Ms. Mordecai worked as a Special Assistant District Attorney for both the Suffolk County and Middlesex County District Attorney's Offices. In that capacity, she prosecuted numerous felony and misdemeanor cases, conducting numerous bench and jury trials and arguing dozens of dispositive and evidentiary motions.
While in law school, Ms. Mordecai was a member of The George Washington Law Review. Additionally, she was the 2010 recipient of the Henry R. Berger Award for Excellence in Tort Law.