Ms. Murata’s work has included advising:
Executive Compensation Matters
- DCT Industrial Trust Inc. on its $8.4 billion acquisition by Prologis, Inc.
- Surface Oncology on its $119.5 million initial public offering
- Planet Payment Inc. on its $257 million acquisition by Fintrax
- August Home, Inc. in its acquisition by ASSA ABLOY Inc.
- WePay in its acquisition by JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Neustar, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition by a private investment group led by Golden Gate Capital
- Monogram Residential Trust, Inc. in its $3 billion acquisition by a newly formed fund led by Greystar Real Estate Partners
- MAA in its $4 billion acquisition of Post Properties, Inc.
- Idean in its acquisition by Capgemini
- Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. on its $8.4 billion acquisition by Weyerhauser Co.*
- Hewlett-Packard Co. on the acquisition of Voltage Security, Inc.*
- XTO Energy Inc. on the $41 billion stock-for-stock merger with Exxon Mobil Corporation*
- BlackRock on the $13.5 billion acquisition of Barclays Global Investors business from Barclays*
- Wisconsin Energy Corp. on the $9.1 billion acquisition of Integrys Energy Group, Inc.*
- LSI Corporation on its $6.6 billion acquisition by Avago Technologies Limited*
- Express Scripts, Inc. on the $4.7 billion acquisition of WellPoint Inc.’s NextRx subsidiaries*
- Foundation Coal Holdings Inc. on the $2 billion stock-for-stock merger with Alpha Natural Resources Inc.*
- Pacific Century Group on the $500 million acquisition of a portion of American International Group’s investment advisory and asset management business*
- China Huaxin Post and Telecommunications Economy Development Centre on the $362 million acquisition of the Enterprise business of Alcatel-Lucent S.A.*
- Baidu, Inc. on the $123 million acquisition of the remaining 41 percent stake in Nuomi Holdings Inc. from Renren Inc.*
- Green Bancorp, Inc. on the $46 million acquisition of SP Bancorp, Inc.*
Private Equity Matters
- Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. and a private equity consortium including The Blackstone Group L.P., The Carlyle Group LP, Permira Funds and TPG Capital, L.P. on Freescale’s $11.8 billion acquisition by NXP Semiconductors NV*
- First Eagle Investment Management, LLC on its $4 billion acquisition by private equity funds managed by The Blackstone Group L.P. and Corsair Capital LLC*
- TPG Capital, L.P. on the $1.5 billion acquisition of The Warranty Group, Inc.*
- Permira Funds on the $1.1 billion sale of its portfolio company, Renaissance Learning Inc., to private equity firm Hellman & Friedman LLC*
- A consortium consisting of WL Ross & Co., The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Centerbridge Capital Partners, other investors and a management team led by John Kanas, on the $900 million acquisition of the banking operations of BankUnited, FSB in an auction by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as receiver*
- Digital River, Inc. on the $840 million acquisition by an investor group led by private equity firm Siris Capital Group, LLC*
- Castle Harlan, Inc. on the $400 million acquisition of Tensar Corporation*
- Green Bancorp, Inc. (owned by Friedman Fleischer & Lowe LLC, Harvest Partners, LP and Pine Brook Road Partners, LLC), the holding company for Green Bank, N.A., on the $80 million IPO of common stock*
- IPS Corporation, a portfolio company of Calera Capital, on its acquisition by Nautic Partners, LLC*
- Calera Capital on the acquisition of United Site Services Inc.*
- SkillSoft Limited’s senior management team during its acquisition by Pointwell Limited*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, she practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, and, previously, at Debevoise & Plimpton.