Ms. Murphy represents REITS, investors, developers and other owners of real estate as well as private equity companies and retailers in all varieties of lease transactions, including owners and tenants in buildings in Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and California. Ms. Murphy’s experience includes:
- Representation of the owner of 1015 Half Street, Washington, D.C. in major lease transactions with GSA and CBS Radio Stations, among others.
- Representation of New Balance and its affiliates in leasing transactions at the Brighton Landing and Boston Landing Projects with multiple tenants, including Harvard School of Publishing, The Boston Celtics, The Boston Bruins and Beauport Hospitality, Inc.
- Representation of Bentall Kennedy in a major sale leaseback of multiple properties for hospital and medical office uses.
- Representation of Boston Properties in major headquarters build to suit leases with Wolverine Worldwide and Clarks Americas, Inc.
- Representation of Goodwin Procter in its Boston headquarters lease at Fan Pier in the Seaport District of Boston, which lease transaction was awarded the Boston Office Deal of the Year for 2013.
- Representation of Skanska USA Commercial Development in a build-to-suit lease transaction with PricewaterhouseCoopers for its new Boston headquarters in Seaport Square in Boston which was nominated for the Boston Office Deal of the Year for 2013.
- Representation of Boston Properties as Buyer/Landlord in the acquisition and lease back of over 700,000 square feet of office and retail space with Bank of America at One Hundred Federal Street in Boston.
- Representation of the landlord in a lease of over 400,000 square feet at 50 Post Office Square in Boston to Brown Brothers Harriman that was awarded the Boston Office Deal of the Year for 2012.
- Representation of the developer and landlord in a new build-to-suit lease of over 492,000 square feet with State Street Corporation in the Channel Center project in Boston which was nominated for the Boston Office Deal of the Year for 2012.
- Representation of Boston Properties in a 117,000-square-foot expansion lease with Constant Contact at Reservoir Place in Waltham, Massachusetts that was nominated for the Suburban Office Deal of the Year for 2012.
- Representation of Brightcove as tenant in its new headquarters lease at Atlantic Wharf in Boston which was awarded the Boston Office Deal of the Year for 2011.
- Representation of iRobot in its multi-building headquarters lease in Bedford, Massachusetts.
- Representation of Goodwin Procter in its two New York headquarters leases at the New York Times Building in New York City with the New York Times Company and Forest City and Goodwin’s new office lease in Silicon Valley.
- Representation of RBS Citizens Bank in its in-store branch agreements with multiple supermarkets, including Stop & Shop, Shaw’s, Tops, and Giant Eagle.
- Representation of a major national drugstore in its license agreements for a national roll out of in-store health clinics.
- Retail leases with Tatte Bakery, Flatbread, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, CVS,TD Ameritrade, Pret, Hale & Hearty, Vapiano’s, Rebecca’s, Capriotti’s, Walgreens, Au Bon Pain, Cosi, Aeropostale, Baskin Robbins, Cinnabon, Express, Gamestop, FYE, Pro Sports, Pacific Sunware, Lids, The Picture People, The Children’s Place, Metro PCS, Things Remembered, Journeys, ULTA and U.S. Bank, among others.
Ms. Murphy is a member of the Boston Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the International Council of Shopping Centers and the Commercial Brokers Association of Massachusetts. She is a certified LEED Green Associate. She also served as co-chair of the Boston Bar Association's Real Estate Section Leasing Committee from 2009-2011 and currently serves on the Board of Directors as well as the Diversity and Education Committees of the Commercial Brokers Association of Massachusetts.