Ms. Neuman advises a wide range of businesses regarding U.S. and European privacy legal frameworks and industry self-regulatory programs. Representative matters include:
- Providing strategic counsel to numerous clients across sectors on the CCPA.
- Providing ongoing advice to numerous clients on the GDPR.
- Provided strategic advice to global hospitality brand on leveraging data holdings to further consumer loyalty and engagement in compliance with the GDPR.
- Provided advice to global cloud service provider on strategic plan for responding to government data requests, including under the U.S. CLOUD Act.
- Providing comprehensive GDPR readiness advice to a number of clients including: a provider of intelligence services for a video content delivery platform, a marketing management service provider, a global provider of voice recognition technology, a cybersecurity SaaS provider, and others.
- Advised a multinational technology company regarding the privacy impact and legal risk of implementing data loss prevention technology and developed an enterprise-wide strategy for mitigating risk while achieving the company’s goals of preventing the loss of IP and other highly sensitive information
- Advised a global retailer regarding the post-acquisition integration of the acquired company’s consumer data and how to leverage the data for marketing intelligence and other purposes
- Advised a provider of B2B ad tech services regarding privacy legal risks associated with the development and deployment of cutting edge products, tools and services to assist consumer brands with segment insights and targeting
- Advised a global financial services provider regarding legal risks associated with implementing novel actions to protect company systems and customer data
- Advised a global provider of education services to formulate a global privacy compliance strategy in connection with the rollout of a new product
- Provided Board education, including for a global provider of services to the financial services sector on the evolving role of corporate boards in understanding and accountability for cyber and data security risk
- Advised a global provider of cloud-based software-as-a-service to the life sciences and pharmaceutical sectors regarding compliance with EU privacy law frameworks*
- Advised an EU-based multinational luxury goods company in formulating its strategy for compliance with state and federal employee privacy laws for its global employee training program*
- Advised a UK-based operator of child-directed, educational website, performing a comprehensive privacy impact assessment concerning the development and implementation of a Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)-compliant privacy and data security program*
- Advised a Silicon Valley technology company concerning the development of its privacy compliance strategy during development and deployment of cutting-edge digital products and services, with particular focus on COPPA*
- Advised a provider of fraud detection services regarding integration of an evolving international geolocation standard into its emerging line of products and services*
- Advised a global e-commerce trade association regarding the development of comprehensive, practical behavioral advertising and other online privacy guides*
- Advised a global industry trade group regarding the creation of electronic retail transaction contract templates with a focus on customer data management and security for call center, distribution and order fulfillment*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Neuman is an active member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, the Privacy & Data Security Committee of the Federal Communications Bar Association and a member of the American Bar Association.