Recent transactions include advising:
- A global investment manager on the €500 million+ first close of its new value add European real estate fund
- Tokoro Capital on the establishment of its real estate investment management platform, as well as the closing of its first fund
- A pan-European logistics manager on the formation of its first fund raising €300 million+ for its core plus strategy, including first-closer co-invest and warehousing arrangements
- A prominent pension fund real estate investor on the restructuring and consolidation of its portfolio of funds and JV interests
- A UK bank on the Brexit-driven restructuring of its €450 million US real estate debt fund from an Irish corporate vehicle into an English EUUT
- A prominent student accommodation provider in relation to the establishment of its new fund and management platform, as well as the restructuring of its pan-European portfolio
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Newsome carried out his training contract at Nabarro and, following the merger of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP, worked for two years as an associate in the firm’s Funds and Indirect Real Assets team.