Mr. O’Brien Kelly’s experience includes:
- Acting for long-standing client Abingworth on the following:
- The structuring, formation and fundraising their latest life sciences fund, Abingworth Bioventures Fund 8, raising $465 million.
- The structuring, formation and fundraising of Abingworth Clinical Co-Development Fund 2, a life sciences fund focussed on clinical co-development.
- Acting for leading infrastructure manager Circuitus Capital on general fund structuring matters.
- Acting for a leading European infrastructure manager on its €850 million infrastructure fund.
- Acting for a UK manager on its €100 million venture fund.
- Ongoing regulatory and legal advices to several UK-based managers.
- Negotiating investments into a number of private funds for institutional investors, multi-family offices and listed PLCs.
- Acting for a Dutch sponsor on fund structuring for a leveraged acquisition of a significant Irish property portfolio*.
- Advising an Irish venture firm on the structuring and establishment of a cross-border technology fund*.
- Advising an Irish property fund on extension of its term and refinancing*.
- Advising a cross border life assurance company on several acquisitions and disposals of unit-linked assets, including shares, bonds, and limited partner interests*.
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. O’Brien Kelly was a solicitor in the Corporate Department of William Fry in Dublin. He also spent a significant period of time on secondment with SEB Life International, advising on all aspects of insurance and asset management law.