Mr. O’Brien Kelly’s experience includes:
- Acting for a Dutch general partner (GP) on fund structuring for a leveraged acquisition of a significant Irish property portfolio*;
- Advising an Irish venture firm on the structuring and establishment of a cross-border technology fund*;
- Advising an Irish property fund on extension of its term and refinancing*;
- Advising a cross border life assurance company on several acquisitions and disposals of unit-linked assets, including shares, bonds, and limited partner (LP) interests*;
- Acting for an ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) investor on an unsolicited cross-border offer to purchase shares in a private limited company*;
- Advising on the purchase of an Irish telecommunications joint venture (JV)*; and
- Advising on a majority sale of an Irish security monitoring company to a U.K.-based private equity house.
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. O’Brien Kelly was a solicitor in the Corporate Department of William Fry in Dublin. He also spent a significant period of time on secondment with SEB Life International, advising on all aspects of insurance and asset management law.