- Serve as outside healthcare regulatory and contracting counsel for service providers, digital health companies, and supply chain vendors in transactions with health systems, academic medical centers and hospitals
- Advise women’s health and wellness clients including entrepreneurs, growth and mature clients on critical regulatory issues including, and not limited to, remote provision of healthcare, friendly PC models, prohibition on fee-splitting, changes of ownership, government payor requirements, corporate compliance, patient issues, partnerships and contractual arrangements, value-based contracting, private payor arrangements, licensing, accrediting and enterprise risk management
- Advise a variety of healthcare providers on compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, OIG civil monetary penalties law, and state fraud and abuse provisions
- Serve as outside counsel to private equity firms regarding portfolio companies, acquisitions of additional assets, and healthcare regulatory due diligence in connection with transactions
- Provide corporate and healthcare regulatory counsel to private equity clients in connection with formations and investments in healthcare investment funds
- Advise private equity companies regarding reimbursement strategies, Medicare and Medicaid requirements, corporate compliance, corporate practice of medicine and “friendly” PC structures
- Provide healthcare reimbursement advice and counsel to private equity clients investing in healthcare providers, health services and medical devices
- Serve as outside counsel on telemedicine, fraud and abuse and corporate laws to a variety of digital health companies including in the women’s health and wellness industry
- Develop national growth legal strategies for telemedicine and tele-prescribing companies including counseling on multi-state telemedicine requirements, compliance plans, professional licensing, cross-state medical practice, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, physician-patient relationships, tele prescribing frameworks, fraud and abuse, and confidentiality
- Provide ongoing healthcare regulatory counsel, including fraud and abuse, reimbursement, and privacy, to artificial intelligence and clinical decision platforms in a variety of different sub-industries
Healthcare Regulatory for Life Sciences Companies
- Advising Achilles Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing precision T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer, on its $175.5 million initial public offering
- Advising Autolus Therapeutics plc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation, programmed T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer, on its $115 million follow-on offering
- Advising the underwriters in Sensei Biotherapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and delivery of the next generation of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases, on its $133 million initial public offering
- Advising Kingswood Capital Management, LP, a private investment firm primarily focused on investing in businesses in transition, in connection with its acquisition of Cost Plus World Market from Bed Bath and Beyond Inc.
- Advising Collective Medical Technologies, a real-time care collaboration network used by payors and healthcare organizations to improve patient outcomes, in connection with its sale to PointClickCare Corp. for approximately $600 million
- Advising the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of NantKwest in connection with the company’s agreement to merge with ImmunityBio in a stock-for-stock transaction
- Advising Achilles Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing personalized cancer immunotherapies, on the completion of its £52.7 million Series C
- Advising a clinical-stage biotechnology company advancing new immunometabolic therapies for cancer in a Series B Preferred Stock financing
- Advising a growth equity investment group in connection with the purchase of Series B Preferred Stock of a pre-clinical life sciences company studying the proteins that drive cancer and other diseases
Ms. O’Rourke is an adjunct faculty member at Villanova Law School teaching healthcare and the law.
Ms. O’Rourke is a member of the American Bar Association, American Health Lawyers Association, where she serves as Vice Chair of the Women’s Leadership Committee, as well as the New York and Pennsylvania State Bar Associations.
She is also an active member of her community serving as Board Member of the Columbia Law School Alumni Association, and Board Member and Chair of the Women in Leadership Committee of The Forum of Executive Women.
Ms. O’Rourke spent over a decade of dedication in legal and executive roles with Ascension, the second largest healthcare system and largest nonprofit health system in the U.S. and the largest Catholic health system in the world.