Ms. O’Rourke’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Collective Medical Technologies, a real-time care collaboration network used by payors and healthcare organizations to improve patient outcomes, in connection with its sale to PointClickCare Corp. for approximately $600 million.
- Advising the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of NantKwest in connection with the company’s agreement to merge with ImmunityBio in a stock-for-stock transaction.
- Advising Achilles Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing personalized cancer immunotherapies, on the completion of its £52.7 million Series C.
- Advising a clinical-stage biotechnology company advancing new immunometabolic therapies for cancer in a Series B Preferred Stock financing.
- Advising a growth equity investment group in connection with the purchase of Series B Preferred Stock of a pre-clinical life sciences company studying the proteins that drive cancer and other diseases.
Ms. O’Rourke is a member of the American Bar Association, American Health Lawyers Association, where she serves as Vice Chair of the Women’s Leadership Committee, as well as the New York State Bar Association.
She is also an active member of her community serving as Board Member of the Columbia Law School Alumni Association, Board Member and Chair of the Women in Leadership Committee of The Forum of Executive Women, Board Member of the Forum Foundation, The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc., and Board Member of the French-American Chamber of Commerce – Philadelphia.
In Fall 2020, she will also begin serving as an adjunct professor teaching health law at both Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law and Columbia Law School.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. O’Rourke was a partner at Duane Morris in New York and Philadelphia.
Prior to her time at Duane Morris, Ms. O’Rourke spent over a decade of dedication in legal and executive roles with Ascension, the second largest healthcare system and largest nonprofit health system in the U.S. and the largest Catholic health system in the world.