As counsel for numerous insurance companies, mutual funds, independent directors, investment advisers and other industry participants, Mr. Palmer’s recent work includes:
- Advising insurance companies on new and revised life and annuity products, in response to market and regulatory changes since the financial crisis
- Working with funds, fund sponsors and fund independent directors on new funds including alternative strategies, fund mergers and investment strategy changes
- Helping insurance companies and investment advisers on new funds and advisory programs for the retirement and institutional marketplaces
- Working with clients and the SEC staff on exemptive orders, no-action letters, registration statements and examinations
- Advising clients on mutual fund and variable product litigation and enforcement matters
Mr. Palmer was a partner at Shea & Gardner prior to its combination with Goodwin in 2004. He served as a court law clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit from 1986 to 1987.