Mr. Pappas’s recent experience includes representing:
- Essex Property Trust in its $15.4 billion merger with BRE Properties, creating the nation’s only publicly traded West Coast multifamily REIT and the third-largest multifamily REIT in the country
- Clarion in connection to the formation of a joint venture with an affiliate of Alliance Residential Company in the acquisition of approximately five acres of land with existing commercial improvements in the City of Laguna Niguel and the $107.7 million development on the property of a luxury multifamily/apartment project
- A major financial institution in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 15 retail centers which included 147 assets, composed of industrial, multifamily, hotels and office buildings for approximately $2.2 billion
- A major international real estate advisor in documenting and implementing its multi-family equity up-front joint venture program throughout the U.S. and closing over $1 billion of multifamily joint venture transactions through this program over the past three years
- Primestor Development, Inc. in the formation of a platform joint venture with Community Retail Development Fund valued at $185 million to develop and operate both core and non-core retail projects, including the Azalea Regional Shopping Center in South Gate, California
- MacFarlane Urban Realty Company, LLC in the closing of the $950 million real estate joint venture for the development of the LA Live JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Ritz-Carlton. The project will consist of a 54-story building comprised of an 877-room JW Marriott, a 124-room Ritz-Carlton, related hotel ballroom space and 224 Ritz-Carlton condos
- JF Shea in the formation of a development joint venture with Ivanhoe Cambridge. The joint venture plans to develop Hitachi Transit Village, which will be a 648-unit multifamily project in San Jose, California valued at approximately $172 million
- Brookfield Office Properties in connection with the acquisition of seven downtown LA high-rise office buildings from Maguire Properties, Inc. valued at $2.2 billion
Mr. Pappas is a member of ACREL and serves as a member of ACREL’s Program Committee. He is also a member of the USC Gould School of Law - Los Angeles County Bar Association's Real Estate Law and Business Forum Planning Committee and the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of California.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Pappas was a partner in the Los Angeles office of Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP, where he was the Office Practice Leader for the L.A. Real Estate Group. Before that, he practiced with O'Melveny & Myers LLP.