Mr. Pitcher has represented clients in the fields of drug discovery and development, protein therapeutics, molecular diagnostics, recombinant DNA technology, immunoassay, DNA sequencing, medical devices, proteomics, mass spectroscopy and other analysis tools, chromatography, organic, polymer and medicinal chemistry, and synthetic biology. His most recent representations include:
- Serenity Pharmaceuticals, LLC, developing an approvable high value therapeutic
- Diagnostics For All, developing a line of paper-based diagnostics for use in detecting and monitoring diseased states
- Optherion, Inc., developing molecular diagnostics for the early detection of age related macular degeneration
- Lubris, LLC, developing lubricin, a novel recombinant protein useful in treatment of osteoarthritis and dry eye disease
- Flagship Ventures, in various intellectual property related matters
Mr. Pitcher is a member of the American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association, American Bar Association and Boston Bar Association. He speaks frequently at meetings of IP professionals, business school and law school classes, and investor conferences.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Pitcher was a venture partner at Flagship Ventures, where he evaluated life science and information technology investment opportunities and intellectual property issues, designed IP strategies and assessed IP risks in connection with Flagship start-ups and portfolio companies. Before that, he was a partner at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, where he founded and served as chair of its Patent & Intellectual Property practice group.