On acquisition and leveraged finance matters Mr. Rafferty works with clients on matters involving a wide range of lending products, particularly European TLBs, unitranche financings, bank/bond financings and rescue financings. On restructuring matters Mr. Rafferty has extensive experience in advising various stakeholder groups in restructurings and other distressed financings, including debtors, shareholders, creditors, providers of new capital and special situations investors.
Mr. Rafferty’s experience includes advising:
Acquisition finance and other leveraged finance transactions
- HoldCo SAS, a holding company controlled by Xavier Niel, in the financing of the simplified public tender offer for iliad SA shares launched by HoldCo II, a holding company controlled by HoldCo. The iliad Group is one of the largest telecommunications companies in Europe.
- Stellex Capital on its confidential bid for a multi-national manufacturing and supply business.
- Sportpursuit and its selling shareholders on the sale of a majority stake to BD-Capital.
- Blackstone on its acquisition of Intertrust.*
- Blackstone on its acquisition of Multi Corporation.*
- AEA on its confidential bid for a UK-based business.*
- Cinven and its portfolio company Gondola Group (owner and operator of the PizzaExpress, Byron and Zizzi brands) on various refinancings, amendments, consent processes and disposals (including the disposal of Gondola Group to Hony Capital).*
- Apax on its fund level bridging facilities.*
- A leading luxury perfume and taste business in relation to confidential debt financing matters.*
- A leading beverage manufacturer, marketer and distributer on its proposed c.€1bn acquisition of a pub and restaurant operator.*
- The lenders providing a European TLB to Apollo and Stellex Capital for their proposed bid to acquire a pan-European food and beverage business.*
- Deutsche Bank and Nordea in respect of incremental facilities made available to Com Hem AB.*
- Bridgepoint Credit and Investec on the unitrance and mezzanine refinancing of ICG’s and CGE Partners’ acquisition of the Enhesa Group.*
- Permira Debt Managers as lender on several confidential unitranche/European TLB financings.*
- Ares in connection with the refinancing of a private equity sponsor’s minority investment in a national veterinary business.*
- A leading fund, as both sponsor and creditor, in relation to ongoing special situations opportunities.
- Bowers & Wilkins on its restructuring and sale to Sound United.*
- The lenders to the investment arm of a sovereign wealth fund in relation to contingency planning options.*
- The first lien lenders in the Petra Diamonds restructuring and scheme of arrangement.*
- Global Ports on its restructuring and scheme of arrangement.*
- Several credit funds and family offices on confidential loan-to-own investments.*
- The committee of bank guarantee providers on aspects of Imtech's (a Dutch multinational conglomerate) multi-billion euro financial restructurings.*
- The ad hoc committee of first lien lenders in relation to the £930m restructuring of the PHS Group.*
- The ad hoc committee of senior secured creditors in relation to KKR’s acquisition and recapitalisation of Uralita SA.*
- Blackstone on the refinancing of Center Parcs Europe.*
- The senior lenders to GulfMark Americas in respect of its financial restructuring.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.