Mr. Ramadan’s representative experience includes the following:
Venture Capital Experience:
- Better Dairy Limited, on completing a £1.6 million seed funding round led by Happiness Capital.
- Octopus Ventures, on completing a £3 million investment into Whirli Limited as part of a total £4 million seed funding round.
- Octopus Ventures and BGF, on completing their £9.1 million investment into Orbital Express Launch Limited as part of a total £13.65 million series B funding round.
- Hoxton Farms Ltd, a UK startup, on completing a £2.7 million in seed funding led by Founders Fund.
- Cleo on its $44 Million Series B funding round led by EQT Ventures.
- LabGenius, a protein engineering company, on completing a $15 million Series A extension led by Atomico.
- Spoon Guru, a food tech company providing tailored nutritional expertise, on completing a Series A round led by W23.
- Octopus Ventures on completing a £3 million investment into Katkin as part of a £4.5 million seed funding round.
- Balderton Capital on completing a £8.8 million investment into host kitchen tech provider Kbox Global as part of a £12 million round.
- Omnipresent Group a tech-enabled platform that handles all of the complexity of international employment for clients on its $2 million seed round led by Playfair Capital and Episode 1.
- Octopus Ventures on leading a £7.5 million investment into ThoughtRiver as part of a Series A round.
- Octopus Ventures on leading a £6.6 million investment into Vitesse PSP as part of a Series A funding round.
- Mashroom, a unique end to end property letting platform, on completing a £4 million convertible loan note financing.
- Navenio the hospital workforce AI platform it £9 million Series A financing led by QBN Capital.
- ING Ventures on its $5 million investment in the series B round of Eigen Technologies, the global provider of natural language processing technology.
- Hoxton Ventures on completing a £5 million investment into host kitchen tech provider Kbox Global.
- Fidelity International Strategic Ventures on leading a $10 million Series A investment in the compliance technology and data analytics company SteelEye.
- Smedvig Capital on completing a $10 million Series A investment in restaurant intelligence platform Yumpingo.
- Skew, a cryptocurrency real-time data analytics company, on a £4 million Series A funding round led by Octopus Ventures.
- Kitch, building delivery-first virtual kitchens, on a €1 million pre-seed financing round led by Seedcamp and Mustard Seed MAZE.
- SenSat, which creates digital representations of real world locations, or “digital twins,” on its $10 million series A financing led by Tencent.*
- Skew, a crypto analytics platform, on a $2 million seed financing led by FirstMinute Capital.*
- Smedvig Capital on leading a $7.4 million series A investment in the adtech startup Spirable.*
- Eight Roads Ventures on funding rounds in Moneybox, Mention Me, Fuse Universal, OTA Insight and Decibel Insight.*
- Santander InnoVentures on its participation in the series B funding round of MarketInvoice.*
- Smedvig Capital on funding rounds in Profile Pensions, Captify Media, the marketing technology business Infinity and the recruitment site Adzuna.*
- QBE Insurance on its participation in the funding rounds of the artificial intelligence start-ups Cytora and Jupiter.*
- Eastnine on its seed funding round led by Local Globe and Cherry Ventures.*
- Beautystack on its series A funding round led by Index Ventures.*
- Global content creator Quill Content on its series A, B and C funding rounds led by Ariadne Capital, Smedvig Capital and Panoramic Growth.*
- Just Eat on its US$64 million series C funding round led by Vitruvian Partners and its corporate venture investment in Flypay.*
- Farfetch.com, the high-end online fashion retailer, on its US$86 million series E funding led by DST Global and US$66 million series D funding round led by Vitruvian Partners.*
- Skew Ltd, on the sale of its entire issued share capital to Coinbase Global Inc for a total consideration satisfied in cash and Coinbase stock.
- Rimilia Holdings Ltd and its shareholders on the sale of 100% of its issued share capital to Blackline Systems Inc for a total consideration of $120 million.
- Quill Content on its sale to the Webedia Group.*
- GoCardless on its acquisition of the Directli platform.*
- Smedvig Capital on the sale of the Picture Production Company, an international digital marketing agency, to SDI Media Group.*
- My Home Move, the technology driven conveyancing firm, on the acquisition of Advantage Property Lawyers.*
- bwin.Party Digital Entertainment, an online gambling company, on a US$35 million disposal of the World Poker Tour business to Ourgame International Holdings.*
- Shareholders of Albion Brand, a PR agency, on sale of a majority stake to the U.S.-based marketing services group KBS (owned by MDC Partners).*
- Lorillard, Inc., a U.S. tobacco company on its £60 million acquisition of Skycig, a leading UK electronic cigarette brand.*
- Shareholders of Toptable on a US$55 million disposal to OpenTable.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Ramadan is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales.