In 2010 Mr. Rehnquist successfully represented a plaintiff travel company in a trademark infringement trial in federal court in the District of Massachusetts. In a federal criminal trial in the District of Massachusetts in the fall of 2006, he secured a judgment of acquittal after a five-week trial for a construction executive charged with bribery and racketeering. Other recent representations include:
- A nationwide transportation company in numerous civil suits and Attorney General investigations arising out of alleged misclassification of independent contractors
- A Silicon Valley semiconductor equipment manufacturer in a trade secret action against a Chinese competitor
- The CFO of a publicly traded company in a securities fraud prosecution in the District of New Hampshire based on allegedly improper revenue recognition
- A pharmaceutical company sales executive in a criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York based on alleged off-label marketing and anti-kickback law violations
- The CEO of a mutual fund company in an SEC enforcement action in the Southern District of New York based on alleged "market timing" in the company's funds
- A senior executive of a publicly traded life sciences company in the SEC's Los Angeles Regional Office's investigation of allegedly improper revenue recognition
- Various businesses - including a biotech company, a real estate developer, a computer manufacturer, a brokerage house, a motorcycle dealer, and an investment advisor - in a wide variety of civil cases, including patent, antitrust, trade secrets, fraud, corporate governance and contract matters.
Mr. Rehnquist has served as an adjunct professor at Boston University School of Law, where he designed and taught a full-credit seminar titled Federal Criminal Justice.
Mr. Rehnquist has been at Goodwin since 1988, excluding four years (1994-1998) when he served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts. During his years as a federal prosecutor, working in both the Economic Crimes Unit and Organized Crime Strike Force Unit of the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston, Mr. Rehnquist investigated and prosecuted a wide variety of complex business crimes, including fraud, tax, public corruption, trademark and racketeering cases. He had numerous jury trials and argued numerous appeals in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.