Mr. Reider’s recent matters include:
- Representing domestic and international blockchain companies in connection with class action lawsuits and SEC investigations related to initial coin offerings (“ICOs”).
- Representing the former CEO of a Fortune 50 financial services company in connection with securities, shareholder derivative, and other civil lawsuits in state and federal courts, including two federal civil RICO lawsuits that were dismissed with prejudice at the pleading stage.
- Representing former shareholders of an acquired company in a post-closing dispute in Delaware Chancery Court.
- Represented a criminal defendant in the Northern District of California facing a minimum of 10 years in prison; after filing a motion to suppress evidence the U.S. Attorney’s Office dismissed the indictment against the client a few weeks before trial.
- Represented a well-known private equity fund in response to an SEC investigation concerning the fund’s alleged lack of disclosures to investors. Successfully resolved the matter for the client with no SEC action taken.
- Represented a syndicate of underwriters of a $310 million secondary offering of securities issued by a leading pharmaceutical company. The district court’s dismissal at the pleading stage was affirmed by the First Circuit in a groundbreaking decision that imposed stricter standing requirements on securities plaintiffs seeking to challenge statements made in connection with public securities offerings.
- Represented venture capital investors in a leading life sciences company in a securities class action. Successfully obtained dismissal of all claims at the pleading stage.
- Represented boards of directors in connection with lawsuits arising out of high-profile mergers and acquisitions, including mergers and acquisitions of Xoom Corporation, Trulia, Inc., and Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Mr. Reider is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Reider completed a year-long fellowship at the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project.