Mr. Robinson’s recent matters include representing:
- Medical Properties Trust, on the acquisition of a corporate structure which ultimately owns a portfolio of 30 acute care hospital facilities, valued at approximately £1.5 billion. Goodwin London also advised on the lease arrangements to BMI Healthcare, the largest private operator of acute hospitals in the U.K. (in a related transaction, affiliates of Circle Health are proposed to acquire BMI Healthcare, and assume operations of its facilities in the U.K.).
- The Baupost Group, L.L.C. in a joint venture with Stanhope plc for the phased acquisition and redevelopment of a 5.4 acre site opposite St Thomas’ Hospital (near Waterloo Station) in Central London.
- DWS on the £240 million acquisition and forward funding of the new headquarters of Cancer Research UK and the British Council in Stratford, east London and ongoing lettings and management matters.
- Q-Park, one of Europe's leading parking service providers, on a sale and leaseback of a portfolio of 13 assets to a variety of purchasers over a period of 12 months.
- DWS on the £370 million acquisition and forward funding of the new Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) headquarters building in Stratford, east London together with ongoing management matters.
- Global hotel management companies on development, management and operational matters in relation to new hospitality projects in locations including Dubai, Italy, and Spain.
- Medical Properties Trust on the acquisition and development funding of a new Circle operated hospital in Birmingham.
- A UK holiday parks owner/operator on the ground rent sale and leaseback of a portfolio of holiday parks.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Robinson was an associate at Allen & Overy, having trained at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.