- Negrete v. Citibank N.A., 187 F. Supp. 3d 454 (S.D.N.Y. 2016) and 237 F. Supp. 3d 112 (S.D.N.Y. 2017) (achieving dismissal of fraud, contract and negligence claims advanced against Citibank by FX traders concerning allegations of undisclosed markups on FX limit orders and purportedly erroneous margin calls).
- Elmrock Opportunity Master Fund I, L.P. v. Citicorp. N.A., Inc., 155 A.D.3d 411 (1st Dep’t 2017) (affirming dismissal of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by purchasers of an option in residual value of a sale and leaseback transaction).
- Guerrini et al. v. Atmel Corp. et al., 667 F. App’x 308 (2d Cir. 2016), 690 F. App’x 748 (2d Cir. 2017) (affirming dismissal of RICO class action alleging a conspiracy to fraudulently convey a semiconductor manufacturing facility to avoid compliance with French labor law).
- Mill Financial, LLC v. Gillett, No. 652055/2010, 2016 WL 3688467 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Cty. July 11, 2016), modified, 149 A.D.3d 643 (1st Dep’t 2017) (successfully represented the Royal Bank of Scotland in claims arising out of the sale of the Liverpool Football Club.)
- DNAML Pty Limited v. Apple, Inc. et al, No. 13-cv-6516 (DLC), 2015 WL 9077075 (S.D.N.Y. Dec. 16, 2015); Abbey House Media, Inc. v. Apple, Inc. et al, No. 14-cv-2000 (DLC), 2016 WL 297720 (S.D.N.Y. Jan. 22, 2016); Lavoho, LLC v. Apple, Inc., No. 14-cv-1768 (DLC), 2016 WL 482964 (S.D.N.Y. Feb. 10, 2016) (achieving summary judgment on behalf of a major publishing company in multiple actions related to alleged anticompetitive conduct with respect to the pricing and distribution of eBooks).*
- R.W. Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of Pa. v. Meridian Capital Partners Inc., 634 F. App’x 4 (2d Cir. 2015) (achieved dismissal of securities fraud, Pennsylvania Blue Sky and other common law claims concerning the Madoff Ponzi Scheme).*
- Valentini v. Citicorp Fin. Servs. Corp, 589 F. App’x 1 (2nd Cir. 2014) (Second Circuit affirmed dismissal of securities and common law fraud suit brought by purchasers of structured notes).*
- Hindsight Solutions LLC v. Citigroup, Inc., 53 F. Supp. 3d. 747 (S.D.N.Y. 2014) (achieved dismissal after trial of all claims based on fraud, breach of contract and quasi contract which sought over $100 million in damages in connection with a software consultancy agreement).*
- New Jersey Carpenters Annuity Fund v. Meridian Diversified Fund Mgmt. LLC, No. 10-cv-5738 (TPG), 2014 WL 1257279 (S.D.N.Y. Mar. 26, 2014) (achieved dismissal of shareholder derivative complaint alleging breaches of ERISA and common law fiduciary duties concerning the Madoff Ponzi scheme).*
- Lance Int’l Inc. v. First Nat’l City Bank, 86 A.D.3d 479 (1st Dep’t 2011) (obtained a victory on behalf of Citigroup in the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, bringing to a close decades of litigation involving a complex cross-border commercial transaction).*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Rubin is a member of the Federal Bar Council, New York State Bar Association’s Federal Procedure Committee and American Bar Association Sections on Antitrust and Litigation. He also is a member of the Securities Industry Financial Markets Association and serves on the Board of Directors for Manhattan Legal Services.