Mr. Sherry represents clients in a broad range of intellectual property-related litigations involving pharmaceuticals, software, computer hardware, communications, optical storage and medical device technologies. His experience includes litigation before trial courts, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, the International Trade Commission and the Federal Circuit.
Mr. Sherry’s representative cases include:
- Represented Actavis Laboratories FL as a generic defendant in patent litigation concerning the ulcerative colitis treatment Uceris®.
- Represented Teva Pharmaceuticals in patent litigation concerning the new dosing regimen of Teva’s blockbuster Copaxone®.
- Represented Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC and USV North America as generic defendants in patent litigation concerning the bone disorder treatment Zometa®.
- Represented Eurohealth International SARL and West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp. as generic defendants in patent litigation concerning the anesthetic Precedex®.
- Represented Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC in patent litigation concerning its branded parenteral anesthetic, Diprivan®.
- Represented Adobe, Inc. in patent litigation concerning image processing technologies in Adobe Photoshop.
- Represented writable DVD manufacturers in patent litigation adverse to Toshiba Corp.
- Represented LG Electronics, Inc. in an ITC investigation concerning Blue-ray technology.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Sherry was an associate in the Boston office of Fish & Richardson. Before law school, Mr. Sherry served as director of software development for Permabit, a cloud storage startup, and as a program manager for Microsoft.