Ms. Smith’s representative matters include:
Strategic Alliances and M&A:
- Kymera Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Vertex to advance small molecule protein degraders against multiple biological targets, with an upfront payment of $70 million to Kymera, including an equity investment, and potential future payments to Kymera in excess of $1 billion.
- Esperion Therapeutics in its $200 million royalty-based funding agreement with an investor group led by Oberland Capital.
- Scholar Rock in its strategic collaboration with Gilead Sciences, with potential deal value of over $1.5 billion.
- ImmuNext in its global licensing and research collaboration in immunology with a major pharmaceutical company, with an upfront payment of $40 million, and potential future payments to ImmuNext in excess of $565 million.
- Royalty Pharma in its $827 million acquisition of Ligand Pharmaceuticals’ royalties on sales of Promacta.
- Fresenius Medical Care in its global partnership with Humacyte to commercialize the investigational human acellular vessel HUMACYL.
- Moderna Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with a major pharmaceutical company to advance novel mRNA-based personalized cancer vaccines, with an upfront payment of $200 million, and the expansion of the strategic alliance to include additional shared antigen mRNA cancer vaccines, with an equity investment of $125 million.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in its sale of its specialty global women’s health business for a combined value of $2.5 billion.
- Nimbus Therapeutics in its strategic alliance with Celgene Corporation in immunology.
- Licensing of intellectual property assets from research institutions.
Public Offerings and Public Company Representation:
- Moderna Therapeutics in its $604 million initial public offering.
- CRISPR Therapeutics in its $200 million and $120 million follow-on offerings.
- Underwriters in a $610 million initial public offering by Switch, Inc.
- Arrakis Therapeutics in its $75 million Series B preferred stock financing.
- Moderna Therapeutics in its $500 million Series G preferred stock financing.
- Nimbus Therapeutics in its $65 million Series 2018 preferred stock financing.
Ms. Smith is a member of the Boston Bar Association.