- Presenter, “Books and Records Requirements for Investment Advisers,” NRS East Coast Investment Advisor Compliance Symposium, August 2020.
- Presenter, “Private Fund Compliance Considerations,” NRS Private Fund Compliance Considerations Webinar, May 2020.
- Presenter, "Private Funds and Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain from a Compliance Perspective," NRS Spring 2019 Compliance Conference, April 2019.
- Presenter, "Compliance Considerations related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies" and "Current Issues for Private Fund Advisers,” NRS Fall 2018 Compliance Conference, November 2018.
- Presenter, “Cryptocurrency: Regulatory and Compliance Considerations for Regulated Entities,” August 2018.
- Presenter, "Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, Succession Planning and More," Investment Adviser Association Webinar, August 2017.
- Author, “Getting More Out of the Risk Assessment Matrix and Supervisory Responsibility Matrix,” Investment Adviser Association Newsletter, February 2017.
- Co-author, “U.S. Mutual Fund Swing Pricing Proposal: What Can We Learn from Europe?,” The Investment Lawyer, January 2016.
- Co-author, “Non-U.S. Banks May Invest in Third-Party Covered Funds Under the SOTUS Exemption,” The Investment Lawyer, June 2015.
David N. Solander
David Solander is a partner in the firm’s Financial Industry group and Investment Management, Private Investment Funds, and Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology practices. Mr. Solander’s practice focuses on advising financial services firms on various regulatory, compliance and transactional issues arising in the asset management industry. He specializes in advising private funds (hedge/trading, private equity, real estate, venture capital, and other alternative structures) and their investment advisers on regulatory issues arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other federal securities laws. He also advises managers and sponsors in connection with fund formation for hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, and real estate funds. He assists managers with investment product structuring, organization, and offering, and operational matters, including mergers and acquisitions of investment advisers. He has extensive experience providing compliance advice to managers of all sizes, including with respect to internal compliance reviews and assessing and developing compliance programs. Mr. Solander also advises companies utilizing blockchain technology and offering digital currency or tokens on regulatory matters, and on fund formation related to trading and investing in cryptocurrency and digital assets.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Mr. Solander practiced at Allen & Overy LLP and Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP.
Mr. Solander is named a recommended lawyer and next generation partner in The Legal 500 United States in the investment fund formation and management – alternative/hedge funds practice area and has been named in the past as a recommended lawyer in investment fund formation and management – private equity funds.
Tulane University Law School