Recent representative matters include:
- Counseled an early-stage start-up company on issues of potential patent infringement as a barrier to market entry
- Mined a multi-national client’s patent portfolio to identify claims suitable for assertion against a competitor, and performed infringement analyses on the competitor’s products
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications relating to MEMS as part of the development of an IP portfolio for a start-up
- Drafted patent applications and counseled technology licensing offices for universities
- Prepared technical analysis for written opinions relating to invalidity and noninfringement of a competitors’ patents on microprocessor technology
Mr. Stone is a member of the Boston Patent Law Association. He has also served as a mentor for the MIT $100K Entrepreneurship Competition.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Stone was an associate in the Electrical and Computing Technologies Group at Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C. in Boston.
During law school, Sam counseled clients of Harvard University’s Cyberlaw Clinic on matters related to digital reproduction and distribution of books, images, and archived news footage.