Representative matters include:
- Sleep Number Corp. v. UDP Labs, Inc. (D. Minn.). Currently representing UDP Labs in trade secret and contract disputes on technology relating to biometric sensors.
- Purple Innovation, LLC v. Adv. Comfort Tech., Inc. (D. Utah). Currently representing Purple in complex intellectual property dispute involving patent infringement, trademark infringement, and trade-secret misappropriation relating to mattresses.
- Invensas Corp. v. Samsung Elecs. Co., Ltd. (E.D. Tex, D. Del.). Defended Samsung in multi-district litigation involving five patents relating to semiconductor technology. The case settled on favorable terms after Samsung succeeded in transferring the Eastern District of Texas case to the District of Delaware.*
- Location Based Services LLC v. Google LLC (D. Del.). Defended Google in litigation involving five patents relating to Google’s navigation programs. The plaintiff agreed to walk away from this case after all five patents were invalidated for unpatentable subject matter under Section 101.*
- Super Interconnect Technologies LLC v. Google LLC (E.D. Tex.). Defended Google in litigation involving three patents relating to semiconductor technology. Succeeded in arguing that Google’s servers do not constitute a regular and established place of business for establishing venue in patent cases.*
- Hypermedia Navigation LLC v. Google LLC (N.D. Cal.) Defended Google in litigation involving eleven patents relating to web design. This case settled on extremely favorable terms after the Complaint was dismissed under FRCP 12(b)(6).*
- Maxell Ltd. v. Apple Inc. (E.D. Tex.). Defended Apple in litigation involving seven patents and dozens of Apple products. The case is still pending.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.