Representative cases include:
- Onyx Therapeutics v. Cipla Ltd. et al. Represents Fresenius Kabi in ANDA litigation involving the anti-cancer drug carfilzomib.
- In re Bendamustine. Represented Cephalon in patent infringement action enforcing patents of the anticancer drug Treanda® (bendamustine hydrochloride) against several generic manufacturers.
- Fresenius Kabi v. Watson Laboratories et al. Represented Fresenius in a patent infringement action involving the anesthetic drug Diprivan® (propofol emulsion) in an ANDA litigation against generic drug manufacturer Watson.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals v Teva Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc., v. Teva Parenteral Medicines Inc., (D. Del.) Represented Teva in an ANDA patent litigation involving the antibacterial drug daptomycin.
- Eisai Co. Ltd. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. et al. Represented Teva in a case involving the Alzheimer’s drug donepezil.
- GlaxoSmithKline v. Teva Pharmaceuticals. Represented Teva in a case involving the anti-HIV drug famciclovir.
- Smith Kline Beecham v. Teva Pharmaceuticals. Represented Teva in a case involving the antidiabetic drug rosiglitazone.
Dr. Subramanyam is a member of the American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston Bar Association and South Asian Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Dr. Subramanyam was an associate in the Boston office of Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge, where he managed client IP portfolios and prepared and prosecuted patent applications in pharmaceutical, chemical, biotechnology, medical device and material science areas for pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions. Dr. Subramanyam also worked on several pharmaceutical ANDA patent litigation cases during that time. Prior to that, Dr. Subramanyam was a science advisor in that firm. Dr. Subramanyam was previously an Intellectual Property Manager in a Boston area start-up biotechnology company, where he developed the company’s IP strategy and patent portfolio, managed patent prosecution by external law firms, and worked on IP due diligence in the licensing and acquisition of the company’s technology. Prior to his role as IP Manager, Dr. Subramanyam was a Senior Research scientist at the company and co-invented novel infection resistant coatings for medical devices and healthcare products.