- Counsel for two of the ten largest mortgage lenders in defending complex litigation brought by county officials challenging mortgage recording practices.
- Counsel for a top-ten mortgage lender in defending litigation brought by the Department of Justice concerning loans underwritten and endorsed for FHA mortgage insurance.
- Counsel for lender and reinsurance subsidiary in RICO litigation challenging mortgage insurance and reinsurance practices.
- Counsel for one of the nation’s largest transportation authority’s in opposing certiorari to the United States Supreme Court in a case challenging the authority’s advertising guidelines.
- Counsel for Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in filing amicus brief in the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court on the defense-of-another jury instruction.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2015, Mr. Swank served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
While attending law school, Mr. Swank was an executive editor of the Virginia Law Review, and a member of the Virginia Supreme Court Litigation Clinic.