- Ablynx NV in its cross-border $4.8 billion sale to Sanofi
- PCI Synthesis, a leading U.S. pharmaceutical CDMO, in its sale to Novacap for an undisclosed amount
- Ocera Therapeutics, Inc. in its sale to Mallinckrodt plc through a public tender offer for approximately $42 million at closing and up to $75 million in contingent cash payments upon the achievement of milestones
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, a leading global pharmaceutical company, in the sale of its specialty women’s global health business for approximately $2.48 billion
- NeuStar, Inc., a global information services provider, in its sale to Golden Gate Capital and GIC for approximately $2.9 billion
- ANSYS, an engineering software simulation company, in its acquisition of Computational Engineering International for an undisclosed amount
- Valore Inc. in its sale to Follett Corporation for an undisclosed amount
- Millennial Media, a mobile ad platform company, in its sale to AOL / Verizon through a public tender offer for approximately $250 Million
- Kepware, Inc., a software development company, in its sale to PTC Inc. for approximately $100 Million up front, plus $18 Million in earn-out consideration
- DaVita, Inc. in numerous acquisitions of dialysis centers*
- CVS Pharmacy, Inc. in numerous acquisitions of retail pharmacies*
- Beacon Health Strategies, LLC in its acquisition of PsychCare, LLC*
- Arbinet Corp. in its sale to Primus Telecommunications Group, Inc. for approximately $28 Million*
- Ion Torrent Systems in its acquisition by Life Technologies for approximately $725 Million*
- Reveal Imaging Technologies, Inc. a manufacturer of explosive and other threat detection products and services, in its sale to Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)*
- Nokia Inc. in its acquisition of MetaCarta Incorporated*
- TwistDX, Inc. in its sale to Alere Inc. for approximately $70 Million*
- Charles River Ventures in its equity investments in Rive Technology, Inc.
- Sinewave Ventures in its equity investment in Tamr, Inc.
- Synchroneuron Inc. in its $6 Million Series A financing*
- SiOnyx, Inc. in its $12.5 Million Series B financing*
- Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $24 Million Series B financing*
- Third Rock Ventures, L.P. in its equity investment in Foundation Medicine, Inc.*
- Tarsa Therapeutics, Inc. in its $24 Million Series A financing*
- Oxford Bioscience Partners in its equity investment in GloriOil Limited*
- GrandBanks Capital in its equity investment in SilverRail Technologies, Inc.*
- ISkoot, Inc. in its $20 Million Series C financing*
Ms. Torres has experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including technology, licensing, professional services, supply, distribution, consulting, joint venture, reseller, referral, master service, terms of service, marketing, co-marketing and advertising agreements, on behalf of clients in various industries, such as:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, a leading global pharmaceutical company, in connection with its joint venture agreements
- Code42, a leader in cloud-based endpoint data protection and recovery solutions, in connection with a strategic referral arrangement with Carbonite
- Higi SH LLC, a community-based health and wellness platform, in connection with a Master Hosted Software and Services Agreement with a leading international retailer
- StayNTouch, Inc., a provider of hotel property management systems and property management system mobile overlay platforms, in connection with the licensing of software and technology for the hospitality industry
- Williams College in connection with a Master License and Services Agreement with a leading provider of cloud-based construction program management software
- RealtyClub Investment Advisors LLC in connection with the licensing of online real estate equity crowdfunding technology
- Intersections, Inc., a leading provider of consumer and corporate identity risk management services, in the drafting and negotiation of numerous commercial agreements with its clients and vendors*
- DVF Studio, a leading fashion retailer, in the negotiation of a Master Service Agreement for the licensing of an online gateway service between the client’s payment applications and financial institutions*
*The above representations were handled by Ms. Torres prior to her joining Goodwin LLP.
Ms. Torres is a member of the Hispanic National Bar Association, American Bar Association and Women in Technology (WIT).
Ms. Torres has successfully represented various pro bono clients in applications for asylum and special immigrant juvenile status.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Torres was an Associate at prominent law firms in Washington, DC and Boston, Massachusetts. Prior to law school, Ms. Torres worked in the telecommunications industry and founded an international wholesale VOIP telecommunications carrier, serving as its President and CEO. Prior to that Ms. Torres served as Vice President of Business Development and as a Project Manager at another telecommunications company. Prior to entering the telecommunications industry, Ms. Torres worked internationally conducting procurement and logistics for large-scale engineering and construction projects for the Techint Group and Burns and Roe, Inc.