Taylor’s experience includes representation of real estate investment funds, institutional investors, REITs, and other owners and operators of real estate in transactions that span a range of asset classes. Highlights of his recent work include representation of:
- A publicly traded REIT in the recapitalization of its portfolio of net-leased hospital facilities via a joint venture and financing with an all-in value of over $1.7 billion.
- A real estate fund in the $700 million recapitalization of its portfolio of industrial logistics warehouses through a joint venture with a global real estate investor.
- A real estate fund advisor in its $180 million joint venture investment in a pipeline of to-be-developed for-sale and for-rent assets with an expected value of over $900 million.
- A real estate fund advisor in its acquisition of a seven-parcel industrial development in North Carolina for $210,250,000.
- A commercial real estate lender in its $130 million loan secured by over land and improvements located in Virginia and consisting of over 500 multifamily rental units.
- An opportunity zone investment fund in its $50 million equity investment and $50 million construction loan related to the acquisition of land in North Carolina for development of townhouse rental units.
- A publicly traded REIT focusing on investment in healthcare infrastructure in its strategic partnership with a regional developer including a 15-year first right to offer preferred equity financing in a pipeline of built-to-rent development projects.
- A real estate investment company in its acquisition of a logistics warehouse in Massachusetts for $49,300,000.
- A real estate investment fund in the sale of 100% of the common shares in a subsidiary REIT indirectly owning a mixed-use multi-family and commercial property in Colorado for $40.5 million.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Taylor worked as an associate in the Real Estate group at DLA Piper (US) LLP. Representative experience in that capacity included representing:
- A $7 billion pension-held REIT in its $194.6 million sale of a commercial office building in Manhattan undergoing construction work at closing
- A non-traded REIT in its $180 million sale of a commercial office building in Manhattan
- A publicly-traded REIT in its $80.5 million acquisition of a medical office building in North Carolina
- A real estate fund in its entity acquisition of a REIT owning a multifamily property in Florida
- A real estate fund in obtaining a $57.6 million financing secured by a portfolio of industrial properties located in multiple states
- A real estate development company in acquisitions in development growth markets
- An institutional investment fund in its acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and financing with respect to real estate holdings across the country, including in California, Georgia and Virginia
- A Boston-based multifamily property owner/developer in its acquisition and financing of a $52 million multifamily property in New Jersey
- Various landlords in connection with office, industrial and retail leases in major metropolitan areas throughout the country
- A real estate fund in connection with negotiating non-disclosure agreements for investment opportunities
While attending law school, Taylor interned in the Chambers of the Honorable Andrew Mead, Justice of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. Taylor was also a member of the Review of Banking and Financial Law.
Taylor is a member of NAIOP and the Boston Bar Association.