Some of Mr. Tschann’s recent work includes representing:
- Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers in connection with:
- the acquisition and financing of the Motif Seattle (formerly Red Lion Seattle)
- the sale of the Irvine Embassy Suites and Portland Courtyard Marriott to RLJ Lodging Trust
- the acquisition of the Boston Copley Plaza Hotel
- Fairmont Raffles Hotel International in its joint venture with an affiliate of Blum Capital to purchase the Claremont Resort and Spa in Berkeley, CA and in connection with the purchase and recapitalization of the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn in Sonoma, CA
- HEI Hotels in the sale of:
- the Boca Raton, FL Marriott Hotel to Carey Watermark Investors and negotiation of a new hotel management agreement to continue managing the hotel for Carey Watermark
- the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport to Cohen Brothers Realty
- Quadrum Capital in connection with the purchase of a large industrial warehouse site in Brooklyn, NY for redevelopment with multi-family units
- Rockwood Capital in its acquisition of a select service hotel located in New Orleans, LA and the negotiation of a new hotel management contract with an affiliate of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors in connection with:
- its acquisition of the Hyatt Regency at Embarcadero Center in San Francisco, CA
- its acquisition of the 1,053-room Boston Park Plaza hotel in Boston, MA
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Tschann was an associate in the Los Angeles office of Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP. Prior to law school, Mr. Tschann worked at Charles Schwab Inc., as part of its online content development team.