Ms. Wardle’s representative experience includes:
- Brown v BCA Trading – Acted for the defendant majority shareholder in successfully defending at trial a claim of unfair prejudice. The case was the first time that the English court granted an order for the use of predictive coding in disclosure on a contested application.
- Consult II SRO & Ors. v Shire Warwick Lewis Capital Limited & Ors. – Acted for the claimants in connection with proceedings to recover sums invested in a fraudulent scheme, including successfully obtaining a freezing order and default judgment against the defendants, and advising on bankruptcy proceedings.
- A leading global investment bank – Conducted internal, global regulatory and antitrust investigations in various jurisdictions in relation to the client’s FX sales and trading business. Advised on policies and procedures.
- A global investment bank – In defending a claim for a makewhole payment due under a facility agreement.
- Rolling stock leasing companies – In advising on potential disputes in relation to manufacturing agreements, including in relation to force majeure and COVID-19 related issues.
- Ashany & Ors. v Eco-Bat Technologies Limited – Acted for the claimant directors in connection with the right to disclosure of company information, and successfully defended in the Court of Appeal an order overturning the default rule on discontinuance.
- International energy company – In advising on issues concerning projects in the UK and in relation to an expert determination of a dispute.
- An international bank – Conducted an internal investigation into whistleblowing allegations made by a bank employee.
- An overseas pension fund – In obtaining freezing and search orders in support of US civil proceedings to recover a $40 million sum.
Ms. Wardle is a member of the Female Fraud Forum, Young Fraud Lawyers Association and Junior London Solicitor Litigation Association.