Mr. Wheatley’s relevant experience includes:
- Advising clients in complying with Second Requests issued by the U.S. antitrust authorities
- Representing third-party witnesses in FTC and DOJ antitrust investigations*
- Counseling companies and trade associations on antitrust compliance
- Defending health insurer in multidistrict ligation alleging antitrust violations under Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act*
- Defending major energy company in multi-state investigations and litigation alleging fraud, unjust enrichment, and false claims*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Wheatley is a member of the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Wheatley was an associate at a Chambers-ranked antitrust practice in Washington, D.C. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ted Stewart of the United States District Court for the District of Utah. While in law school, he worked as a law clerk at the Federal Trade Commission in the Bureau of Competition and in the office of Commissioner Maureen K. Ohlhausen.