Mr. White has represented clients in a variety of civil and criminal investigations and complex commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts. His clients have included individuals, public and private technology and life sciences companies, and financial institutions. His representations include:
- Life sciences companies and real estate investment trusts (REITs) in M&A-related litigation in state and federal courts
- A global technology company in connection with criminal investigations by the U.S. Attorney's Office and the U.S. Department of Justice, National Security Division, relating to defense contracts and allegations of visa fraud, contract fraud, and export control violations
- Companies and executives in federal criminal investigations spanning a variety of jurisdictions and involving a wide range of topics, including healthcare fraud and False Claims Act violations
- A major pharmaceutical company in post-closing earn-out litigation in Delaware state court
- The special committee of a mutual fund board in connection with an investment adviser’s suspension of redemptions from one of its mutual funds
- Audit committees of life sciences companies in internal investigations related to alleged misuse of corporate funds and immigration violations
- The demand review committee of a mutual fund board investigating a shareholder demand that alleged violations of fiduciary duties related to the fund’s investments in affiliated funds
- A public pharmaceutical company in an arbitration before a Big Four accounting firm in a post-closing working capital dispute
- A waste management company in a Massachusetts state court appeal of the Department of Environmental Protection’s approval of a permit to operate a waste-to-energy facility
- Parties responding to subpoenas from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Massachusetts Securities Division
- Numerous respondents in investigations by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- On a pro bono basis, a defendant charged with drug conspiracy in a federal jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- On a pro bono basis, two federal prisoners serving life sentences in successful petitions for clemency to the Office of the Pardon Attorney
Mr. White is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association.
During law school, Mr. White served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.