Mr. Wilson’s representative experience includes:
Technology and Intellectual Property
- Represented video processing software company overseeing a broad range of technology and intellectual property transactions, including negotiating and drafting outbound technology, API and SDK, and content licensing agreements.*
- Represented leading automotive manufacturer in the procurement and integration of voice recognition and mapping systems for its vehicles.*
- Provided counsel on technology transfer matters, including to a nanotechnology startup in acquiring patents from a research university.*
- Structured and drafted electronic health records (EHR) sublicense for university research hospital.*
- Represented clients on open source issues, software audits, and clean room software development procedures.*
- Counsel to apparel retailer in connection with the implementation of and migration to a cloud-based e-commerce platform.*
Fintech and Payments
- Represented numerous banks in connection with the negotiation of core processing agreements.*
- Represented a major financial institution in the outsourcing of the technology platform and related services to support its online personal savings and business checking products.*
- Represented a European-based digital-only banking platform unicorn on its US expansion, including counseling, structuring and negotiating deals for it currency conversion, cryptocurrency, and U.S. banking relationships.*
- Negotiated various payment related agreements, including merchant, payment facilitator, and ISO agreements.*
- Advised clients on payment and banking regulatory issues associated with fintech transactions, including compliance with brand operating rules, money transmission, NACHA rules, PCI-DSS, GLBA, and FTC and CFPB rules.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Wilson practiced in Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe’s IP Licensing & Technology Transactions group, where he focused on technology transactions and data privacy. He previously completed a secondment at AWS Elemental, overseeing a broad range of technology and intellectual property transactions.Prior to law school, he worked at Creative Artists Agency (CAA).