Ms. Wound’s representative matters include advising:
- Editas Medicine in a strategic research collaboration and cross-licensing agreement with BlueRock Therapeutics to discover, develop, and manufacture novel engineered cell medicines.*
- PTC Therapeutics in its acquisition of Agilis Biotherapeutics.*
- Voyager Therapeutics in a global strategic collaboration with AbbVie to develop and commercialize vectorized antibodies directed against tau for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.*
- Spark Therapeutics in its licensing and supply agreements with Novartis to develop and commercialize investigational voretigene neparvovec outside the United States.*
- Spark Therapeutics in a licensing agreement with Selecta Biosciences for exclusive worldwide rights to Selecta's proprietary Synthetic Vaccine Particles platform technology.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Lily Wound, a partner in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences group, has extensive experience representing pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other life sciences companies in a wide range of complex commercial, corporate, and licensing transactions, including those involving gene therapy, gene editing, engineered cell therapy, and genomic testing. With broad knowledge of licensing and collaboration matters, Ms. Wound has worked on some of the most complex life sciences collaborations in the industry and has handled transactions at every stage of the life cycle of a life sciences product. In addition, her roster of domestic and international clients extends to the healthcare, healthcare information and technology, cosmetics, publishing, media, internet, software, and technology industries.
Ms. Wound is also a member of Goodwin’s PropSci practice which is focused on supporting the intersection of Real Estate and Life Sciences through thoughtful collaboration across the two practice areas. As a key contributor to the group and Steering Committee, Ms. Wound stays up to date on relevant market trends impacting the PropSci sector to effectively support clients involved in this space.
Ms. Wound joined Goodwin in 2019 from WilmerHale, where she served as counsel. She has also served as in-house counsel at Hearst Corporation, where she advised on all aspects of Hearst's businesses relating to healthcare information and technology, traditional media, new media, and digital media. Her responsibilities at Hearst included serving as general counsel for an evidence-based medical information and technology company and leading all complex transactions in the newspapers division.