Here is a selection of recent fantasy-related gaming articles of interest:
- Both FanDuel and DraftKings moved for, and were denied, temporary restraining orders to enjoin NY AG Schneiderman. DraftKings stated the TRO was likely denied because the AG’s office stated it would not pursue action against DK/FD while the (now-expedited) proceedings were pending, negating the need for immediate action by the court. The next hearing will be on Wednesday, November 25.
- The Georgia AG is considering whether to investigate the legality of daily fantasy sports.
- The South Dakota AG will wait for the federal government and the state gaming commission to weigh in before acting on DFS.
- A proposed New York bill would exempt fantasy sports from the statutory definition of “contest of chance.”
- FanDuel is “two or three days behind” on payouts to players looking to withdraw money.