Goodwin will host the Silicon Valley Ethereum Meetup’s monthly gathering on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at our office in Menlo Park, CA.
Panelists Daniel Buchner, Head of Decentralized Identity at Microsoft, Andy Atkin, a voice in experimental psychology and healthcare IT, and Grant Fondo, Partner and Chair of Goodwin’s Digital Currency + Blockchain Technology practice, will speak to the group about on-blockchain identity.
Discussion topics include:
- Where does identity originate? Who will define it?
- How will important identity characteristics be exposed or shielded to preserve privacy?
- What are the public policy implications of on-chain identity?
- Overview of traditional approaches to identity and their limitations
- Emerging solutions in the current blockchain ID landscape
- Privacy issues and the implications of governmental oversight and control
The panel will be moderated by Steve Waldman.
For more information please visit the event page, here or contact Lindsey Tammaro at LTammaro@goodwinlaw.com.