Location: Hong Kong
Goodwin’s Asia practice, with offices in Hong Kong and Singapore, has more than a decade’s experience across a range of areas in Asia, particularly in China and India. Building on Goodwin’s strategy of sitting at the convergence of capital and innovation, we have a track record of advising investors and entrepreneurs in an innovation-driven economy.
The Business Development Specialist / Coordinator role is the Asia offices’ core marketing support, to be based in Singapore. Accordingly, while this role reports to the Senior Client Development Manager in Hong Kong and primarily focused on providing support to projects in the Singapore and Hong Kong offices, it will, as needed, be called upon to assist with any/all of the firm’s client development initiatives. Examples include, but are not limited to, event management, proposal and pitch support, website/social media support as well as client development support specifically in connection with leveraging of technologies that may require data supplementation. These projects will involve working with all functional areas of the client development / marketing department as well as with all levels of firm personnel from partners to administrative staff.
In addition to primary day to day responsibilities, the Client Development Specialist / Coordinator is responsible for being up-to-speed on all marketing processes and procedures including but not limited to, proposal processes and procedures, event management tracking and techniques, as well as business development technology and processes. In addition, the role must have a thorough understanding of all essential firm technologies such as iManage, Foundation, Dynamics as well as select marketing specific technologies for client development support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to key marketing and/or business development initiatives as determined by Singapore/Hong Kong office and department leadership.
- Prepare and coordinating pitches, proposals and RFP responses under the direction of the Client Development Managers and/or Directors.
- Help field and assist with general marketing information requests from attorneys and staff in Singapore and Hong Kong and, as needed, route requests to the appropriate marketing personnel.
- Help maintain a supply of marketing materials for the Singapore and Hong Kong office, including special paper, brochures, client alerts, reprints and folders.
- Track new Asia business development opportunities as directed by the Client Development Managers and/or Directors.
- Maintain office and practice marketing materials, including practice group descriptions, brochures slide-decks, practice specific case/transaction lists and intranet/website/blog content.
- Provide logistical event support for all types of marketing events. This will involve event planning, working with the design team to craft various print and electronic materials and manage process for electronic announcements and invitations, pre-event logistics, on-site event staffing, assisting with post-event follow-up and tracking lead generation and ROI received.
- Work with Client Development Directors and Managers, Communications and PR teams to secure accolades and rankings for the office and the firm. Obtain information, schedule interviews, complete surveys, directories, and other listings.
- Help maintain China-focused social media platforms including the firm’s WeChat and blogs.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and marketing research in preparation for client and prospect meetings, pitches/proposals, and other business development initiatives.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Additional practice-specific and other duties as needed by the office or business units.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to build rapport with attorneys and other professional staff.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (and Chinese a plus).
- Detail-oriented, organized and with the ability to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to work with a wide variety of people, based in multiple locations and time zones, in a collective and collaborative manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Dynamics, Foundation or other CRM databases and experience management tools a plus.
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- 2-3+ years experience in a law firm environment or a professional services organization.
- BA, BS or equivalent.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in the job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Schedule: standard office hours, occasional evening/weekend work
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time, must be able to use a computer and general office equipment
- Travel: Minimal
- Environment: office environment