Location: Hong Kong
This position is responsible for coordinating revenue related tasks for various partners and their clients to assist with client transparency relating to time worked, billed and work in progress. Working within the specific business unit, this role will be responsible for providing WIP updates to both clients and billing attorney’s, analyzing time entries and adjusting where appropriate and coordinating with the billing & collections team/billing attorneys to ensure revenues are maximized through timely billing and early warnings/alerts in respect of fixed/capped fees are triggered to minimize loss.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct contact with billing partners to resolve client revenue related issues
- Supporting the time entry review, update & maintenance
- Preparing data on client billed/unbilled time and provide updates to clients/attorney
- Ensure clients are provided with WIP updates & bills go out on a timely basis as agreed with clients
- Maintain fixed and capped fee information and provide alerts
- Matter close/billing/revenue realization date maintenance and communication
- Coordinate billing & collections activity with billing & collections team
- Review and maintain accurate phase, task, and billing codes, plus highlighting out of scope service provision
- Provide revenue related analysis to clients/attorneys
- Understand and review the key clients for the PIF team including realization
- Build relationships with the client finance teams
- Develop an understanding of the PIF business and make suggestions for improvements in processes to reduce lockup days
Additional Duties and Responsibilities: Local responsibilities or additional duties that may be unique or specific to the role or location.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies: Knowledge— a familiarity with something or comprehension of a body of information acquired by experience or study. Skill—is the learned capacity to carry out pre-determined results. Competencies—are the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors critical to successful job performance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the firm professionally and tactfully
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks while maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office. Strong knowledge of excel required
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements: The minimum level of education, experience and certifications acceptable for the position.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a professional services environment preferred, although strong administrative/analytical type role experience will also be considered
- Working knowledge of revenue processes preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Physical attributes an employee must have in order to perform the essential function of a job with or without a reasonable accommodation e.g. sit for extended periods of time, ability to lift 10 lbs.; how much travel should an employee expect with this job; type of environment associated with job e.g. indoor/outdoor.
- Office based role