Goodwin’s Debt Finance practice represents borrowers, private equity sponsors and lenders in a broad range of financing transactions. Our Debt Finance practice structuring, negotiating and documenting debt financing arrangements, including broadly syndicated deals, private credit, venture debt, fintech lending, asset-based lending, and fund-level financing. We are particularly focused on middle market lending, high growth technology company borrowers and leveraged buyouts.
As the Knowledge Management Lawyer supporting the U.S. Debt Finance legal practice group, you are an experienced debt finance lawyer who will be a member of one of the legal industry’s leading Knowledge Management groups, known for award-winning and innovative KM systems and approaches. Working as an embedded Knowledge Management Lawyer within the Debt Finance legal practice, you will work closely with practice leaders and will draw upon your legal expertise and prior experience to support this group by providing the highest quality legal content and know-how for our U.S. practitioners.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, develop and maintain model documents, forms, precedents, checklists, and other substantive content for the Practice, ensuring such content is up-to-date and readily accessible on the firm’s intranet and other content sharing platforms.
- Work with debt finance partners to author and publish the “Debt Download”, Goodwin’s monthly newsletter to clients and investment professionals curating and analyzing industry news for leveraged finance.
- Serve as a source of legal, market and practical expertise; identifying and collecting key data points from the Practice’s legal work for statistical analysis and post-deal assessments, benchmarking and market trends.
- Develop curriculum for, and participate in, training initiatives for the Practice, including internal training sessions, client workshops, and other firm educational training programs.
- Actively monitor and inform the Practice of important legal and market developments relevant to the Practice; support the writing and publication of external client alerts on such developments.
- Work with the Knowledge Management team to develop solutions to increase efficiency, enable legal project management and improve legal service delivery of the Practice, such as AI-enabled workflows, expert systems and client-facing applications.
- Participate in Knowledge Management Department meetings and join relevant industry organizations to facilitate the sharing of best practices and knowledge, and perform such other duties as requested by the Knowledge Management Department.
- Assist in business development efforts for the Practice, including thought leadership initiatives, client seminars and pitches, to elevate the awareness and value of the Practice and the firm’s KM program.
Who You Are:
- Juris Doctor required.
- 7+ years legal experience practicing in the debt finance area, including at least five years practicing in a large law firm working on private equity financings, public borrower financings, acquisition financings, and restructurings.
- Passion for knowledge-sharing, efficiency and excellence in legal work.
- Interest in working with legal technology, such as process automation, artificial intelligence and collaboration platforms.
- Prior experience as a knowledge management lawyer or professional support lawyer a plus but not required.
- Reports to the Director of Knowledge Management, Business Law.
Consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
This position is eligible for overtime: No
Target Salary Range: Boston $180,000 - $230,000 | Los Angeles $180,000 - $230,000 | New York $200,000 - $240,000 | San Francisco $200,000 - $250, 000 | Santa Monica $180,000 - $230,000 | Silicon Valley $200,000 - $250, 000 | Washington DC $180,000 - $230,000