Private equity investors are becoming increasingly international in their focus, and global competition over premium investments is fierce. Goodwin’s accomplished Private Equity team has a broad range of experience in advising PE and venture capital funds, mezzanine providers, debt funds and banks on private equity transactions worldwide. Having worked together for a number of years, our team has now been supplemented by dedicated high profile PE and leveraged finance lawyers in our Frankfurt office, enabling us to provide high quality services across jurisdictions and disciplines to international as well as domestic financial investors and financing parties.
More broadly, Goodwin has assembled a global team that we believe is unique in BigLaw – a team that is equally proficient in advising the innovators and the investors across the private equity, technology, healthcare and life sciences sectors. With our largest and strongest practices working together, Goodwin is exceptionally suited to address whatever the future brings.
Together, we have extensive experience spanning all areas of private equity and corporate M+A, with an emphasis on middle market private transactions. Our lawyers represent early through to late stage investors and companies, as well as lenders and financial institutions, covering the full life cycle of their investments and financings from acquisition to exit.
We have experience in the following areas:
- Assisting on leveraged buy-outs and buy-ins
- Advising on management participation schemes in MBOs
- Representing borrowers and lenders in connection with the financing and refinancing of PE transactions in all areas of leveraged finance
- Covering all legal aspects of corporate housekeeping for portfolio companies
- Advising in distressed situations such as loan-to-own structures, restructurings and non-performing loan transactions.